National landmarks, museums, world-renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also the prime location for the future of tech.
"“We have the best of both worlds—you can enjoy waterfalls or the big city life. I ride my bike to work every day, walk to the deli and take a train into the city on the weekend.”"— Elizabeth, Walmart Technology
Things to do for the
Escape to Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through Mather Gorge.
Fishing, boating, and mini-trails are just a few things you'll find on this lakefront.
117 acres perfect for performances, dining, and year-round recreational activities.
Explore the national monument dedicated to our 16th President, Abraham Lincoln.
Pay tribute to some of our country's heroes at this 624 acre historical cemetery.
The National Mall
Visit the national mall to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find its voice.
Air & Space Museum
The Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
City of Alexandria
This city's historic character still remains with beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town
Accounting & Finance
Administrative & Support Services
Aviation & Travel
Corporate Affairs & Communications
Customer Service & Call Center
Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
Global Investigations & Security
Installation, Maintenance & Utilities
Legal, Compliance & Ethics
Marketing & Customer Insights
Merchandising & Online Operations
Project & Program Management
Real Estate, Construction & Store Planning
Supply Chain & Logistics
New and exciting opportunities
- Technology & Software DevelopmentRESTON, VAOur ideal candidate:
- Versatile and eager to tackle new problems
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter and a team player
- Strong time management skills and maintains professionalism under pressure
- Passionate about quality with a keen interest in achieving 100% automation
- Able to lead team members and teach junior test engineers
If you want to be part of a dynamic, fast paced and innovative engineering team, join Walmart Labs in our Washington, D.C. Metro office!
Our team is searching for a QA Engineer with the following skills:
- Develop functional and performance test strategies
- Develop test cases
- Implement test frameworks for automation and automate tests using existing test framework
- Write, maintain and operate moderately complex code/scripts to test systems
- Triage issues in a timely manner
- Create test harness and infrastructure as necessary
- Understand business context and consider the big picture
- Participate in system design process
- Lead performance testing for high scale distributed systems and /or messaging services
- Lead testing efforts and define testing process for API and UI-based applications
- Proficient with at least one programing language (Java, Scala etc.)
- Proficient with least one Scripting language (java Scripting, Python, ruby, shell etc.)
- Proficient with one or more Open Source testing tools or Open source test frameworks
- Positive collaborative attitude and approach
- Self-motivated: able to find opportunities for improvement, take initiative to bring value to the team
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values and standards of ethics and integrity
- Technology & Software DevelopmentRESTON, VAPosition: Senior Developer
Job Location: Reston, VA
Duties: Leads and participates in large projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; reviewing and editing code in order to test solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements)for stakeholders; communicating project status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross-functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and testing bug-fixes; and enhancing design to prevent recurrence of defects. Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high-level design by partnering with internal teams; driving proof-of-concept development; obtaining cross-functional approvals; and building and implementing prototypes to validate ideas. Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); facilitating the resolution of issues; identifying and providing recommendations on short- and long-term solutions; benchmarking coding techniques within the industry; collaborating with project team to ensure development and implementation of solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership. Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing system information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); reviewing and editing solution code; interpreting the results to determine further action; directing actions as designated in the action plan; and completing online documentation. Develops strategies, processes and best practices for the department by analyzing industry best practices; benchmarking within the industry in order to improve internal processes and solutions; providing guidance on using industry solutions for internals needs; and developing and defining development guidelines, standards and processes. Learn More
- Technology & Software DevelopmentRESTON, VAWe are Walmart stores, Inc, the Fortune # 1 company and the world's largest retailer. Our technology team redefines the next generation of e-commerce and a well-integrated physical retail experience. We develop the latest technology to connect our stores with the largest data warehouses in the world through enhanced analytics. At the center of our success is an agile, innovative culture, backed by Fortune 1 support and more than 6,700 outstanding technological pioneers worldwide who are literally transforming the way people shop – every single day.
About the role:
The Cloud Storage Team focuses primarily on large distributed block and object storage using a software defined storage platform called ceph. The platform currently consists of almost 100 petabytes of storage which supports some of Walmart's largest internal use cases: eCommerce, Big Data, etc. Walmart runs one of the largest ceph implementations in the world so this would be a great opportunity if you have the knowledge and experience with ceph to join the team and have an impact beyond what you can imagine - we call it "Walmart scale."
-Integrate engineering and operational efforts. Train ops team, and maintain feedback between teams
-Implementing new monitoring system for Ceph
-Write/improve ansible playbooks for ceph/openstack integration
-Research multi-datacenter, active/active object storage replication
-Research integration of Ceph and Manilla
-Research integration of Ceph and containers
-Research Ceph Rados Gateway performance improvements
-Research upcoming features in new versions of Ceph
-Contribute, and interact positively with OpenStack and Ceph communities Learn More
- Technology & Software DevelopmentRESTON, VA• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Leads and participates in projects
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Participates in the discovery phase of projects to develop high-level design
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Provides recommendations on strategies, processes and best practices for the department
• Provides support to business partners
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Support Configuration Management and Release Management roles
o Working with development teams on assessing impact of code changes to infrastructure and platform stability and reliability
o Working with development team to identify logging and monitoring requirements – assist with configuration of monitoring and alert dashboards
o Support execution of code propagation through our server environments
• Provide production monitoring and tier 2 application support
o Review application and server logs for errors, investigate, and help determine resolution
o Identify and help resolve application, server, and networking performance issues
• Work with development teams to streamline and improve speed with deploying code through our SDLC environments
• Work with the development teams in streamline code deployment procedures and practices and evolving process to continuous integration (CI)/continuous deployment (CD)
• Work with development and operations teams in defining cloud based hosting environments for applications
• Efficiently demonstrate troubleshooting, identifying and problem solving skills.
• Development/scripting of operational tools for management and support of applications. Ability to write scripts to scan for criteria in logs for monitoring and alerting.
• Develop dashboards for monitoring and alerting application processes. Learn More
- Customer Service & Call CenterRESTON, VASupports and implements processes related to emergency situations (for example, uninvited guests, catastrophic events, evacuations) by identifying
emergency situations; communicating emergency situations; attempting to escalate or de-escalate emergency situations; determining priorities of
action in emergency situations; and assisting corporate security in executing emergency evacuations.
Greets and assists associates and visitors entering lobby by assessing visitor or associate needs; directing to appropriate locations in the building or
campus; and contacting associates and non-associates (for example, vendors, contractors) to announce arrival of visitors and deliveries.
Manages the visitor check-in and check-out process by confirming proper procedures are followed; monitoring and communicating associate and
visitor temporary badge processes; verifying visitor picture identification; verifying visitors are approved before granting access; and informing visitors
of company visitor and building expectations.
Provides office and clerical support by answering and transferring calls to associates and non-associates (for example, vendors, contractors); and
creating and maintaining contact lists (for example, associate, non-associate, distribution, facility maintenance) to stay up-to-date with business
needs. Learn More