As a Walmart intern, you'll gain experience in your field, refine your skills, and have access to mentorship, all while laying the groundwork for your career.
Graduate & MBA opportunities
With Walmart and Sam’s Club, graduate students and recent grads have the opportunity to refine their skills while laying the foundation for a successful career.
E3 Finance Program
New and exciting opportunities
- PharmacyCONWAY, AR
- Ensures confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records as required
- Maintains merchandise presentation in the Pharmacy
- Maintains the Pharmacy area in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Operates equipment, such as cash registers and related tools, to process Member purchases using appropriate procedures for different payment types and items sold.
- Provides Member service
- Provides Pharmacy products and services to Members in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and Company policies and procedures
- Receives and stocks merchandise/supplies from distribution centers and suppliers and organizes and maintains the Pharmacy area
- Technology & Software DevelopmentBENTONVILLE, AROur Walmart Internships will provide you with hands on training in a retail environment. Join us for the summer and you'll work with a variety of cross functional teams. Take the theories and processes you've studied in school and put them into practice. As an Intern, you'll have your own individually assigned project relating specifically to the business and team you'll work with. At the end of the 10 weeks, you'll get the chance to showcase your project before your team and Director or Vice-President. Note: All positions are in our Walmart Corporate Office located in Bentonville, Arkansas. Learn More
- Merchandising & Online OperationsBENTONVILLE, ARWALMART U.S. MERCHANDISING – INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Come help us define the future of retail and position Walmart as the world’s first seamless omni-channel shopping experience at scale. On the heels of the largest ever ecommerce acquisition (Jet.com) and with strength in our U.S. business, we are looking to continue this momentum by bringing in top notch MBAs with a broad range of backgrounds and career interests who want to be generalists and make an impact in Merchandising at the world's leading retailer.
During the 10 week internship, you will have the opportunity to complete two projects. The first is an individual project designed to give you a deep experience within one functional area (e.g. Pricing, Business Analytics, Assortment, or Supply Chain). The second is a cross-functional group project with other interns aimed at providing you a broad, holistic perspective across all of Merchandising at Walmart. Your recommendations will help shape the future strategy for a $1B+ category.
Through it all, you will receive in-depth training on Walmart’s proprietary big data tools, participate in an executive lecture series, build relationships across a large cohort of MBA interns and Walmart associates, have regular interactions with senior leadership, experience Walmart’s distinctive culture, and help shape initiatives that could be rolled out to 4,600+ stores nationwide. Learn More
- Technology & Software DevelopmentBENTONVILLE, ARThe Walmart International Internship is a highly-competitive opportunity within the International division, targeting students from top business schools who have the ambition to work on challenging cross-border and cross-business initiatives. Interns will have the opportunity to play a key strategic role in the biggest transition taking place in retail. We are transforming our company from the largest brick & mortar retailer into a truly omni-channel experience provider, delivering goods and services to our customers whenever, wherever, and however they want.
Interns will work to deliver insights, analysis, and recommendations to leadership of the Fortune 1 company. Additionally, interns will help program manage highly-complex international initiatives, core to our future success. This program allows our interns to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and expedite their professional development, in a truly global setting.
Throughout the internship, you will have exclusive exposure to talented leadership in Bentonville, our international markets, as well as MBA alumni who have progressed through the organization.
We are looking to build the next generation of successful leaders to run and support our International markets. We need smart, hard-working people like you to shape the future of Walmart and the future of retail.
The 10-week summer internship will challenge your ability to lead in a rapidly changing environment. Interns will be placed in one of the key teams within the International Leverage Services organization, composed of extremely talented associates. The core mission of Leverage Services is to accelerate our market capabilities to achieve the company’s key strategic priorities.
Specific responsibilities will mirror those of full-time MBA hires. Team placements can include:
• Strategic Initiatives: Provides program management capability to deliver strategic priorities with speed and an EDLC mindset by forging organizational partnerships, establishing transparent program discipline and fostering change adoption
• Pricing Acceleration: Drives EDLP principles to accelerate price leadership that builds customer trust and differentiates us against our competitors
• Cost Analytics: Provides merchant tools and data visibility enabling an agile way of working to negotiate lower net costs
• Workforce Management: Accelerates labor optimization capabilities to efficiently deliver products, services and customer experience
Your summer experience will also extend far beyond your specific assignment. Through executive and peer mentoring, potential in-market travel, and industry immersion, you will gain a greater knowledge of the company and retail industry. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to network and build lasting relationships with fellow MBA interns.
Interns will typically be placed at our home office in Bentonville, AR, although travel to our international markets may be required. Additionally, opportunities may exist for international students to split their summer between their home country and Bentonville. Learn More
- Accounting & FinanceBENTONVILLE, ARThe Walmart Finance & Strategy MBA Internship is a highly-competitive opportunity within the Finance and Strategy organization specifically targeting students from select universities, with ambition to work on some of the most challenging, innovative, and impactful projects that will drive our business forward. Interns will work to deliver insights,
analysis, and recommendations to senior leadership of the Fortune 1 company. The E3 Internship allows our interns to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and expedite their professional development
This cohort-driven internship affords you opportunities to have exclusive exposure with the CEO, CFO, and Senior Finance Leadership, along with interaction with former MBA alumni who have progressed through the organization. The key summer development events include retail formats immersion, segment strategy deep dives, finance and executive leadership panels, in addition to an instant connection to a global MBA alumni network.
Interns will be placed the Finance and Strategy divisions of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. including Corporate, Walmart US, Walmart International, and Sam’s Club. All placements will be based in Bentonville,
HOW DOES THE INTERNSHIP WORK WITH THE FULL-TIME PROGRAM?
The MBA internship program serves as a pipeline of talent into the Walmart E3 Finance & Strategy Program. As a part of Walmart’s Finance and Strategy E3 MBA rotational program, you’ll have the opportunity to play a strategic role in the biggest transition happening in retail right now. We are transforming our company from the largest brick & mortar retailer into a truly omni-channel experience provider, delivering goods and services to our customers whenever, wherever, and however they want them.
From day one, you will have the opportunity to influence decisions at a Fortune 1 Company delivering almost half-a-trillion dollars in revenue annually. Our ongoing transformation ensures countless challenging projects to tackle, strategies to reshape, and changes to manage. This provides opportunities for individual growth and the need for a strong leadership pipeline. That is why we created The E3 Finance & Strategy Program.
The program is an 18-month rotational leadership and development program designed to accelerate the careers of our associates as they grow into roles as future leaders in Walmart Finance. E3 allows you to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and grow your skills through professional education and development. We are seeking MBAs with a track record of high performance, diverse skills, and professional experience in finance, quantitative, or strategic roles.
• Two 9-month rotations across multiple, unique business areas in Walmart U.S., Sam’s Club, International, eCommerce and Corporate
• Close exposure, including executive roundtables and professional mentoring
• Collaborative environment that facilitates frequent access to senior leadership
• Immersion experiences across our Stores, Clubs, and Supply Chain
• Ongoing technical skill development and individual coaching
• Participates in or leads multiple projects throughout a 10 week summer assignment
• Conducts analysis and drives execution of business plans and projects for Finance and Strategy senior leaders in each business unit: Corporate, Walmart US, Walmart International and Sam’s Club
• Ensures business needs are being met while managing and communicating divisional objectives to senior leadership and business partners
• Regularly monitors trends to provide insight into the competitive environment, potential threats, new customer requirements and future opportunities
• May include responsibilities to drive enterprise-wide strategic planning, oversee the financial planning process, providing financial support to leadership, driving business efficiencies, developing new project concepts, and evaluate scope of the opportunities. Learn More