Walmart’s Aviation and Travel teams help us transport our associates across the globe. Our Aviation team provides a travel experience that is safe, reliable, efficient, and flexible while our Travel team oversees travel arrangements and global sourcing strategies for airlines, hotels, and ground transportation.
Keep your cool
In the face of tight schedules or even in a moment of crisis, you remain level-headed and follow proper procedure.
Stay on course
You know that travel often gets bogged down by details and delays, but you keep plans streamlined and on schedule.
Customer service is at the heart of what you do. Staying flexible with a good attitude helps deliver that promise.
Develop strategies for safety and efficiency.See All Openings
Prepare and operate aircraft.See All Openings
Troubleshoot and repair jet aircraft systems.See All Openings
Organize & oversee travel initiatives.See All Openings
Organize & execute travel booking.See All Openings
New and exciting opportunities
- Aviation & TravelROGERS, AR• Directs overall aviation maintenance budget by analyzing financial performance; ensuring that expenditures meet budget requirements; identifying leverage opportunities (for example, internal inventory, vendor labor); evaluating requests for capital expenditures; and developing budget plans that maximize safety and minimize cost.
• Drives compliance with state, federal, and international regulations for aviation maintenance operations and inspection functions (for example Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements); ensuring regulatory changes are incorporated into process and standards.
• Develops aviation maintenance strategies and oversees their implementation by researching variables that could affect operations or safety; analyzing maintenance operations and identifying process improvements and gaps; analyzing data and anticipating risks with current processes or proposed changes; leading the selection and vetting of maintenance vendors; and developing procedures and contingency plans for instances where strategies and policies conflict with operational realities.
• Creates a safety culture within aviation maintenance by identifying safety program gaps and developing mitigation plans for these concerns; incorporating safety plans and programs into the overall maintenance strategy; maintaining open communication about safety hazards, risks, and potential mitigation strategies; participating in safety teams (for example, Safety Action Group (SAG)) and advocating the use of safety systems (for example, Aviation Safety Management System (SMS)); and monitoring safety performance.
• Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; and promoting a customer environment.
• Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning.
• Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices. Learn More